The Fair Wages and Salaries Commission’s staff is diverse and passionate with deep expertise and a commitment to providing high standards in customer service. Our focus is on quality. The work we do contributes to the overall success of Public Service Institutions. We ensure fairness, equity and equal pay for work of equal value.
Our work touches on migrating all Public Service Institutions on to the Single Spine Salary Structure and developing performance management systems to ensure value for money.
To achieve its objectives, the Commission shall:
- Implement public service pay policy, except the determination of emoluments under article 71 of the Constitution,
- Develop and monitor allowances and benefits of public servants and the consolidation of salaries of public servants,
- Undertake job analysis and job evaluations,
- Develop and ensure a consistent review of standard job evaluation methodology,
- Develop and ensure implementation of grading and classification,
- Review requests for the re-grading of positions,
- Co-ordinate, manage and monitor collective bargaining processes which Government is the direct or indirect employer,
- Develop salary structures for the public service,
- Ensure that the balance of internal consistency, external competitiveness and employee performance are fully reflected in the public service pay system,
- Advise on performance management processes and indicators,
- Develop a mechanism within the public service salary system to attract and retain critical skill,
- Undertake research on salaries, benefits and allowances,
- Review and propose changes to salary related components in enactments, and• Perform other functions related to the objects of the Commission