The Fair Wages and Salaries Commission (FWSC) is responsible for implementing the SSPP.
The Commission has been established by an Act of Parliament (Act 737, 2007) to:
- Ensure fair, transparent and systematic implementation of the Government public service pay policy.
- Develop and advice government on and to ensure that decisions are implemented on matters related to:
- Salaries, wages, grading, classification,
- Job Analysis and job evaluation,
- Performance Management and indicators, and
- Allowances and benefits in the public service with the ultimate objective of consolidation of the allowances and benefits; and
- Undertake negotiations where compensation is financed from public funds.