The Fair Wages and Salaries Commission is mandated to:
Ensure fair, transparent and systematic implementation of the Government of Ghana Public Service Pay Policy.
- Develop and advise Government on, and to ensure that decisions are implemented on matters related to:
- Salaries, wages, grading, classification
- Job analysis and job evaluation,
- Performance management and indicators,
- Allowances and benefits in the public service with the ultimate objective consolidation of the allowances and benefits; and
- Undertake negotiations where compensation is financed from public funds.