- To be a one-stop source of timely, reliable and comprehensive database directly related to the mandate of the Commission to support the pay reform process.
- Attract and retain critical staff through payment of market premium and inducement allowances
- To monitor salary payment at the Controller and Accountant General’s Department
- To regulate salaries on behalf of the government with the relevant and reliable data.
- Research and Publications Department
- Compensation and Benefits Department
Key to the functions of the Fair Wages and Salaries Commission is the need to ensure that the balance of Internal Consistency and External competitiveness and employee performance are fully reflected in the Public Service Pay Policy System and the Director of Pay Policy Analysis and Research together with his team ensures that this is done. Every individual who works expects to be paid and this pay the worker expects must be commensurate with whatever he puts into the job.
Internally, the Pay Policy, Analysis and Research Directorate principally liaises with the Salary Grading, Re-Grading and Job Evaluation, Performance Management, Monitoring and Evaluation and the Grievance Negotiation and Collective Bargaining Directorates. The Directorate also interacts with the Finance and Administration Directorate.
Externally, the Pay Policy, Analysis and Research Directorate liases with Controller and Accountant Generals Department, Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning, the National Tripartite Committee and the Ghana Statistical Service. Furthermore the Directorate also liases with labour unions/ associations as well as the private sector organizations that provide data on employees and other information required by the Directorate.